DOCTOR'S VIEW ARCHIVE
Shortness of Breath & VP Cheney
Medical Authors and Editors: Barbara K. Hecht, Ph.D. and Frederick Hecht, M.D.
November 15, 2004 -- Vice President Dick Cheney complained of shortness of breath and underwent tests at a Washington hospital this weekend. There was concern because the vice president has had significant heart problems for years but Mr. Cheney was able to go home from the hospital after three hours.
His cardiologist, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, issued a statement saying: "Tests ruled out any cardiac cause of the vice president's symptoms. Tests also ruled out pneumonia and other pulmonary causes. The vice president likely has a viral upper-respiratory infection."
Shortness of Breath
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions