Farm-Raised Salmon Now Safe?
Medical Authors and Editors: Barbara K. Hecht, Ph.D. and Frederick Hecht, M.D.
November 3, 2004 -- Earlier this year, a study in the journal Science reported that 14 different chemical contaminants and pesticides were higher in farmed salmon than in wild salmon. Since these greater levels of contaminants and pesticides may correspond to a higher risk of cancer, it was concluded that farmed salmon are not as safe to eat as wild salmon and that farmed salmon should not be consumed more often than once a month.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions