Definition of Sub-
Sub-: Prefix meaning meaning under, below, less than normal, secondary, less than fully. As in subacute, subaortic stenosis, subarachnoid, subclavian, subclinical disease, subcutaneous, subdural, subglottis, subjacent, sublingual, subluxation, and subtotal hysterectomy. From the Latin preposition sub meaning under.
See also: Hypo-.
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions