Definition of GOLD-0
GOLD-0: One of the stages of chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD), according to the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD).
GOLD-0 is stage 0 in the GOLD classification of COPD and indicates "at risk" for COPD. GOLD-0 is characterized by chronic cough and sputum production. Lung function, as measured by spirometry (a test of the air capacity of the lungs),is still normal.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions