Definition of Triplet
Triplet: One of three, as:
1. One of three babies in a multiple birth. Or three animals gestated together.
2. In genetics, a set of three bases in DNA. Also called a codon. See: Crick-Brenner experiment.
3. In optics, a combination of three simple lenses cemented together.
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions