Our Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Main Article provides a comprehensive look at the who, what, when and how of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Definition of Familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in which there a family history of the disease. Familial ALS constitutes 5 to 10% of all cases of ALS. There are a number of different types of familial ALS.
They are known as ALS1, ALS2, and so on.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions