Definition of Fecund
Fecund: Fruitful, abundantly fertile. Just as a writer is prolific, a woman may be fecund, able to reproduce plentifully.
Etymology:"Fecund" comes (minus the final "us") from the Latin "fecundus" meaning fruitful. "Fecund" emphasizes abundance or rapidity in bearing offspring (or fruit).
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions