Definition of Wamble
Wamble: Both a verb and noun meaning: 1. To move unsteadily; an unsteady motion. 2. To feel nauseated; a feeling of nausea. 3. (Of a stomach) To rumble or growl.
From the Middle English wamelen (to feel nausea), from the Indo-European root wem- (to vomit), the source of the words such as vomit and emetic.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions