Our Kidney Cancer Main Article provides a comprehensive look at the who, what, when and how of Kidney Cancer
Definition of Hereditary kidney cancer
Hereditary kidney cancer: Kidney cancer due to a gene than can be transmitted from parent to child. The vast majority of kidney cancer cases are not hereditary, but a small proportion of renal cell cancers are caused by hereditary syndromes.
Among these syndromes are:
All of these syndromes are inherited in an autosomal dominant manner.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions