Definition of Feed contaminant
Feed contaminant: A substance contaminating animal feed. Contaminants in animal feed can threaten human health.
There are two classes of feed contaminants.
The US Center for Veterinary Medicine at the FDA may prohibit any detectable amount of a contaminant or establish a regulatory limit for the contaminant, taking into account the protection of the public health.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions