Definition of Bridge
Bridge: A set of one or more false teeth supported by a metal framework, used to replace one or more missing teeth.
Bridges may be fixed or removable. A fixed bridge (a partial denture) is a prosthetic replacement of one or more missing teeth; it is cemented (or otherwise attached) to the neighboring teeth or may be implanted in the space. A removable bridge (partial denture) is a prosthetic replacement of one or more missing teeth on a framework that can be removed by the wearer.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions