Definition of Preexcitation
Preexcitation: In cardiology, the premature activation of part of the ventricle due to transmission of impulses along an accessory pathway that is not subject to the normal delay at the atrioventricular node.
Preexcitation is sometimes used as a synonym for the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome but preexcitation can also refer to other conditions such as the Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome in which preexcitation occurs.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions