Counterfeit Lipitor Beware
The statin drug Lipitor is currently the world's top selling prescription drug.
The Gist: Counterfeit Lipitor is now in circulation in the US. For the details, read the FDA Alert (below).
Our Comments: The counterfeiting of drugs is an ancient art. Viagra has been a prime target of counterfeiters, as has been Epogen (epoetin alpha), a form of erythropoetin that is in demand not only for important medical purposes but also for illicit "blood doping.".
For additional information of relevance, please visit the following MedicineNet.com areas:
FDA Alerts Consumers and Health Professionals to Recall of Counterfeit Lipitor
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions