Definition of Habitus
Habitus: The physique or body build. Also the posture. For example, corticosteroid therapy can produce a characteristic cushingoid habitus with a moon face, "buffalo hump" at the back of the neck, and obesity of the trunk.
From the Latin for "condition" from the Latin verb "habere" meaning "to hold."
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions