What is the connection between lupus and psychosis? As lupus patients, my sister and I have both experienced this.
Systemic lupus erythematosus can cause inflammation of virtually any
tissue of the body. Depending on the tissue affected and the intensity of
the inflammation, the function of the organs can be disturbed. Brain
inflammation in lupus is referred to as cerebritis.
Thank you for your question.
Medical Author: William Shiel, MD, FACP, FACR
Last Editorial Review: 12/29/2004
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions