Practice Poison Prevention And Live Longer
Accidental poisoning kills and damages people year round. According to the American Red Cross, the third week of March is National Poison Prevention Week.
By following these guidelines, you will be able to prevent most poisoning emergencies:
If you suspect a poisoning emergency, immediately contact your Poison Control Center, call 911, or the local emergency number.
The American Red Cross Child Care Course can help child care providers and others keep children safe from poisons and other hazards. We recommend that interested parties contact their local American Red Cross office for information.
Last Editorial Review: 12/31/1997
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions