Viewer Question:I frequently get sinus infections. Often this leads to bronchitis and even pneumonia. Accompanying this is severe leg pains. The pains seem to lessen when I take decongestants. Is there any correlation?
Doctor's Response:I am unaware of a direct relationship between sinusitis and muscle pain. There are rare diseases that feature sinus inflammation and inflammation of blood vessels (vasculitis), such as Wegener's granulomatosus, that could cause leg pains. Please report your symptoms to your doctor(s).
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 3/8/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions