Definition of Myo- (prefix)
Myo- (prefix): A prefix denoting a relationship to muscle.
Myo- enters into many words and terms in medicine including cardiomyopathy, dermatomyositis, electromyography, leiomyoma, myocardial infarction, myocarditis, myocardium, myoclonic, myocyte, myopathy, myoglobin, myometrium, myotonia, myotonic dystrophy, and polymyositis.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions