Scleroderma - 2001 National Meeting Reports (cont.)
Below are perspectives on key reports presented at the recent national meeting of the American College of Rheumatology:
Inflammation of the lungs' tiny air sacs
(alveolitis) stabilized or improved in scleroderma patients treated with
cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) and prednisone.
Specific genes were found responsible for why
some scleroderma patients develop lung disease while others do not.
Viagra (sildenafil) seemed to help function in
scleroderma patients with severe pulmonary hypertension (elevated blood pressure
in the artery to the lungs).
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions