My ears have been ringing for nearly 2 wks now (it's like the ringing you get after a rock concert). It began 10 days after a migraine headache and 4 days after beginning a daily intake of Elavil. Any ideas?
The medical term for this condition is tinnitus. This may be a side effect of the migraine or a drug which you are taking. For more information please see the Tinnitus article of MedicineNet.com.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 4/26/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions