Definition of Center, trauma
Center, trauma: A specialized facility in a hospital that is designed to provide diagnostic and treatment services for trauma patients with physical injuries. Traumatology is the branch of surgery which deals with trauma patients.
"Trauma" is the Greek word for "a wound" (and also for "damage or defeat").
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions