HEALTH FEATURE ARCHIVE
'Tis The Season To Be Jolly?
"Why then oh why aren't I?"
If the holiday season seems to get you down-year in and year out-you might be one of those who suffer from a newly recognized entity known as seasonal affective disorder or SAD. This disorder seems to be linked to decreased exposure to light during the late fall & winter! Various forms of "light therapy" and or antidepressants have been shown to be helpful for such individuals.
So, if the "blues" dominates your lifestyle around this time of year- the lack of light may be the problem. Talk to your doctor about relieving the symptoms and feel like yourself again.
Last Editorial Review: 7/18/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions