What does yeast vaginitis look like?
Yeast vaginitis just looks like a discharge from the vagina. There is nothing special about the appearance of the discharge itself that can make it clear that the discharge is due to yeast. The diagnosis is often made more clear by doing a special stain, called a KOH stain, on the discharge and looking at it under the microscope. If you suspect you may have a yeast vaginitis, maybe your doctor is equipped to do such a stain and let you see it in the office.
Thank you for your question.Author: Carolyn Janet Crandall, M.D.
Editor: William Shiel, MD, FACP, FACR
Last Editorial Review: 9/8/2001 6:01:00 AM
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions