Definition of Sopor
Sopor: Abnormally deep sleep, an unusually profound sleep, a stupor from which it is difficult to rouse a person. Sopor may be due to a drug.
"Sopor" is Latin for "deep sleep." The root is "somnus," the Latin for "sleep" (and the name of the Roman god of sleep.) "Soporific" has the same derivation.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions