Health Tip: Keep Pool Water Clean
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping pool water clean protects the health and safety of swimmers by keeping germs and dirt out of the water.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Before you jump in, take a shower with soap and water.
- Skip swimming if you have diarrhea.
- Take a break to use the bathroom every hour.
- Wash hands after using the toilet or changing diapers.
- Check a child's diaper every 30 to 60 minutes. Don't change a dirty diaper near the pool.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.