Health Tip: Stay Involved in Your Childrens' Internet Use
(HealthDay News) -- A child can learn a great deal online, but the Internet can be a dangerous place if the child isn't prepared.
The University of Michigan Health System suggests these Internet safety tips:
- Teach children about websites that are appropriate and those that are inappropriate. A child should know to leave any site that doesn't seem appropriate or makes the child feel uncomfortable.
- Help your child create a screen name that reveals nothing about the child's identity. Make sure a child knows to never reveal any personal information.
- Your child should avoid chat rooms.
- Make sure your child knows never to reveal a password to anyone, even to a friend.
- Your child should never agree to meet anyone met online in person.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.