Health Tip: Choose Healthy Snacks
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- Eating well when you're a busy student on a budget doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these quick, easy and cost-efficient healthy snack ideas for students:
- Have a ready supply of snacks that combine both protein and carbohydrates.
- Eat apples with peanut butter or carrots with hummus.
- Snack on fresh fruit and a hard-boiled egg.
- Pack a yogurt and banana.
- Eat almonds with some low-fat cheese, or some whole grain cereal.
- Go for the salad bar, just take it easy on toppings such as bacon, cheese and creamy dressings.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.