Health Tip: Warning Signs of Social Anxiety Disorder
Latest Mental Health News
(HealthDay News) -- Social anxiety disorder can make seemingly simple social engagements seem like a nightmare.
The U.S. National Institute on Mental Health says common symptoms of social anxiety disorder include:
- Finding it difficult and nerve-wracking to have a conversation with other people.
- Feeling extremely embarrassed and self-conscious in front of others.
- Having constant fear of being judged by others.
- Avoiding social activities or worrying for weeks before an event.
- Having difficulty making friends and maintaining friendships.
- Having physical symptoms such as trembling, blushing, sweating or feeling nauseous when around others.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.