My wife has Ovarian Remnant Syndrome and has been
looking everywhere but can find no information on this matter.
Ovarian remnant syndrome is pelvic pain due to leftover ovarian tissue after removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes. It can cause cyclic pain and pressure on the vagina, rectum, bladder, and ureter. The ovarian remnants may be removable with laparoscopy. A qualified gynecologist familiar with the condition should be consulted.
Thank you for your question.Carolyn Janet Crandall, M.D.
Editor: William Shiel, MD, FACP, FACR
Last Editorial Review: 7/8/2004
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions