Health Tip: Are You at Risk for an Exercise Injury?
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to push yourself to the point of pain to gain the benefits of exercise, experts say.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says you're at greater risk for exercise-related injury if you:
- Exercise excessively or increase the intensity or duration of exercise too aggressively.
- Exercise in extreme weather.
- Exercise without appropriate equipment, such as shoes that aren't designed for your activity.
- Have had a previous injury, are a smoker or lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Have certain musculoskeletal problems, such as high arches or bowed legs.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.