From Our 2014 Archives
A Survival Guide for Winter's Threats
Latest MedicineNet News
SUNDAY, Feb. 2, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- Every winter, many Americans suffer broken bones, muscle tears, sprains and strains from shoveling snow or falling on icy sidewalks and streets.
Orthopedic surgeons at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City are offering tips to help prevent fall-related injuries.
The surgeons also outlined ways to reduce the risk of injuries while shoveling snow.
-- Robert Preidt
SOURCE: Icahn School of Medicine, news release, Jan. 22, 2014
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions