Health Tip: When Baby Spits Up Excessively
(HealthDay News) -- Some babies spit up frequently, but there are things parents can do to help prevent the problem.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Feed smaller amounts more frequently, rather than fewer larger feedings.
- Take frequent "burp breaks" during feedings, and burp baby after a feeding.
- Avoid tummy time immediately after a feeding; keep baby upright for 30 minutes after eating.
- Discuss alternative formulas with your pediatrician if baby shows signs of formula intolerance.
- Talk to the pediatrician about mixing a small amount of cereal with baby's formula to help prevent reflux.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.