Health Tip: Focus on Flossing
(HealthDay News) -- If you really want healthy teeth and gums, brushing alone won't cut it. Make sure you floss regularly to help keep your mouth clean.
The American Dental Association offers these tips for proper flossing:
- Make flossing part of your daily routine.
- Designate a time of day to devote to flossing.
- Don't forget to floss your child's teeth. Start as soon as the child has two teeth that are touching.
- Understand that flossing should not be painful. Mild discomfort when you start flossing should ease within a week or two.
- Talk to your dentist if you continue to have pain.
- Try different flossing methods until you find one that is comfortable.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.