Health Tip: Coping With Lupus
(HealthDay News) -- Lupus is an autoimmune disease that can cause fatigue and fever to skin rashes and joint pain. There is no cure, but a healthy lifestyle can help control symptoms.
Womenshealth.gov offers this advice about living with lupus:
- Pace yourself, and avoid pushing yourself too hard. Take breaks when necessary, and get plenty of rest.
- Find ways to reduce stress, such as by exercising, socializing and relaxing.
- Seek companionship from friends, family and a support group.
- Talk to your doctor if you struggle with lupus, or worry that you may be becoming depressed.
- Learn as much as you can about lupus, and take more control of your disease.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.