Health Tip: Enjoy a Safe Hot Tub
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- A hot tub offers the chance to kick back, relax and soak up some soothing warm bubbles.
But first, it's important to inspect the tub to make sure it's safe and healthy. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this checklist:
- Make sure the tub his little or no odor, as a heavy chemical smell indicates a problem with the tub's maintenance.
- Make sure the sides of the tub are smooth, not slippery or sticky.
- Make sure you can hear the pump and filtration systems working.
- Check that the temperature is not hotter than 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use hot tub testing strips to be sure the chemicals and water are mixed properly.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.