Health Tip: Find the Best Time to Exercise
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
(HealthDay News) -- Believe it or not, there's a right time for exercise and it varies by person.
What time is best for you? The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions for how to find out:
- Pay attention to your body's circadian rhythm, and exercise during the hours just after your body's temperature is at its warmest.
- Measure your temperature each day for five to six days at intervals of every few hours. Log your results and find the time that your body temperature is warmest.
- Plan to exercise in the late afternoon, as studies show this can improve performance and power.
- Don't change your schedule if you have one that works.
- If training for an event, exercise at the same time of day that the event will be held.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.