Health Tip: Children Are Vulnerable in the Heat
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Children are particularly vulnerable to extreme heat, so it's important to protect them during the hottest days of summer.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions:
- Find an air-conditioned spot where your children can cool down. If your home isn't air conditioned, find a place where they can go to cool off, such as a public library.
- Encourage children to drink water regularly, even before they are thirsty.
- Allow for more rest time than usual, as heat can make children tired.
- Have the kids take a cool bath, or use a cool mist spray.
- Never leave children unattended in a vehicle.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.