From Our 2013 Archives
Don't Let Hair Care Lead to Hair Damage
Latest Skin News
SATURDAY, July 20 (HealthDay News) -- Improper use of styling tools and hair care techniques can cause hair damage and loss, according to experts.
"Hair myths, such as brushing your hair 100 strokes each day, can cause split ends," Dr. Paradi Mirmirani, an assistant clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California, San Francisco, said in an American Academy of Dermatology news release.
"Having healthy hair is possible if you know how to care for your hair before and after styling," she said.
Mirmirani offered the following tips:
-- Robert Preidt
SOURCE: American Academy of Dermatology, news release, July 9, 2013
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions