Health Tip: Disciplining Your Toddler
(HealthDay News) -- Toddlers are fast learners, and they tend to test their parents' disciplinary skills.
The Nemours Foundation offers these guidelines for warding off temper tantrums:
- Give your little one plenty of attention and praise, offering frequent positive attention for good behavior.
- Feed your child's need for independence by giving him or her control over small choices, such as what fruit to have with lunch.
- Give your child only age-appropriate challenges, games and toys to avoid frustration. Start with simple challenges first.
- Pick your battles wisely.
- Don't push your child beyond his or her limits, such as by going on errands when the child is already tired.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.