Health Tip: Bring Moisture Back to Dry Skin
(HealthDay News) -- When skin is dry, itchy and flaky, giving it some extra TLC can help restore its moisture and natural glow.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these suggestions to help prevent or treat dry skin:
- Take showers or baths with lukewarm water, not hot water.
- Keep baths and showers to no more than 10 minutes.
- Immediately after you bathe or wash hands, apply a rich moisturizer.
- Use moisturizing hand soaps or body soaps.
- Apply a light lotion during summer. Heavier creams and ointments may be used during winter.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.