Viewer Question:I would like some information on withdrawals of nortriptyline.
Doctor's Response:Nortriptyline (Pamelor) is a tricyclic anti-depressant. Abrupt discontinuation (withdrawal) of tricyclic anti-depressants can cause symptoms of restlessness, anxiety, chills, muscle pain, headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Symptoms can be reduced by slowly reducing the dose.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 1/31/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions