Health Tip: Help Keep Teen Drivers Safe
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
(HealthDay News) -- Parents of new drivers can breathe a bit easier by setting safety rules for their teens.
The U.S. National Safety Council offers these suggestions:
- Limit your teen's driving time after dark; set a rule of no driving after 10 p.m.
- Don't allow your teen to drive with a passenger under age 18 for the first year.
- Don't allow your teen to use a cell phone when driving.
- Don't allow your child to drink any amount of alcohol and drive.
- Require that your teen wear a safety belt while driving.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.