I would like information on MCTD
effects with pregnancy.
Some patients with MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease) can have difficulty becoming pregnant (decreased fertility). There is also some increased risk of miscarriage in pregnant women with MCTD. Pregnant women with MCTD can have worsening (increased activity) of their disease during pregnancy. I am unaware of any reports of birth defects or other direct effects on the baby of mothers with MCTD.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 1/9/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions