Health Tip: Taking a Birthing Class
(HealthDay News) -- Taking a birthing class can offer expectant parents peace of mind and help them prepare for the birth of their baby.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for parents-to-be:
- Check out a local hospital or birthing center to see if they offer birthing classes.
- Sign up for a birthing class several months before your due date, as they tend to fill up quickly.
- Make sure the instructors are qualified.
- Consider bringing to the class the support person who will be with you during labor, whether it's your partner, sibling or friend.
- In class, you will learn about strategies to help you during labor, early signs of labor and how to control pain.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.