Health Tip: Keep Food Cravings at Bay at the Office
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- The office can be full of temptations that can derail your healthy eating plan, but if you're prepared you don't have to give in to those temptations.
The American Council on Exercise lists these suggestions to help you stick to a healthy eating plan at the office:
- Create a meal plan for your meals at work, and decide what you'll eat for each meal and snack each day at the office; pay attention to your office cafeteria's menu so you know to bring something healthy on days when their offerings might tempt you.
- Prepare your meals and snacks for the next day the night before so you're not rushed and tempted to skip it.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced breakfast each morning; include a combination of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains.
- Avoid high-fat, processed foods for lunch and try to eat freshly prepared foods whenever you can.
- Indulge in healthy treats or small portions of your favorite desserts; try satisfying your craving with berries or a single-size portion of candy or dessert.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.