Health Tip: How to Safely Store Eggs
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- Practicing good food safety rules is just as important with eggs as it is with meat.
The U.S. government's Food Safety and Inspection Service lists these suggestions to help you select and store eggs properly:
- Only purchase eggs that have been stored in a refrigerated case.
- Check to be sure that your eggs are not cracked or dirty.
- Make sure the eggs are not past their expiration date when you buy them.
- Choose only eggs with the USDA grade shield.
- Store eggs in the refrigerator as soon as you get home.
- Place eggs in the coldest part of the refrigerator, never in the door.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.