Health Tip: Take Good Care of Dentures
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to take good care of dentures and keep them clean, just like you would your natural teeth.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Brush dentures every day.
- Before brushing, rinse dentures to remove debris and food particles.
- Thoroughly brush all areas of your mouth, including your tongue, inside the cheeks, gums and the roof of the mouth.
- When storing your dentures, make sure they're soaking in water, completely covered, and in a safe spot.
- If you use an adhesive, follow instructions carefully.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.