Can cartilage grow back as
suggested by a current TV ad?
In humans, there is essentially no repair of natural cartilage that has been injured. With deep cartilage injury, there can be a scar cartilage that forms. This scar cartilage is not the same quality of natural cartilage.
There is no medication or food supplement that promotes the re-growth of cartilage.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 2/4/2003
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions