From Our 2013 Archives
Winter Sports Safety: Preparation Is Key
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
SUNDAY, Jan. 20 (HealthDay News) -- The outdoor winter sports season is in full swing, which means it's a good time to remind people about winter sports safety tips, says the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
"As with all sports, there are numerous things to consider before getting in the game. Winter sports are no different," orthopedic surgeon and AAOS spokesperson Dr. Anand Murthi said in an academy news release.
The AAOS offers the following general winter sports safety advice:
-- Robert Preidt
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
SOURCE: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, news release, January 2013
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions