From Our 2012 Archives
Health Tip: Getting a Tattoo?
Latest Skin News
(HealthDay News) -- Tattoos may be popular forms of body art and expression, but they pose a number of potential health problems, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says.
Here's the agency's list of potential tattoo risks:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions